Thursday, September 1, 2011

Entertaining the Troops

I consider myself lucky to have some lovely Judy friends, and one of them is Amanda, whose specialty is Judy's recording career.  A while ago I asked her if she had any material on Judy entertaining the troops because I am trying to emphasize Judy's war time work and to bring out Judy big heart and caring nature-she was one of the first artists to participate on ratio programs to British in the early days of the war.

Well, Amanda sent me today a 5 page article from Modern Screen, February 1944 about a tour called the Hollywood Bond Cavalcade.  Others participating were James Cagney, Betty Hutton , Jose Iturbi, Astaire, Kathryn Grayson, Dick Power, Kay Kyser and Mickey Rooney of course.  It must have been a blast.  I'm going to incorporate it into my chapter on Entertaining the Troops.    Thank you Amanda.

Hollywood Cavalcade

I'm being inundated with emails and phone calls from the self-publishing people - I assume they must make a lot of money by how anxious they are to have my business.  Been reading so many books on publishing and these people are classified as the vanity press!!

Going to have a try the university press field as I feel my book is more academic than sensational - not that it is boring because nothing could be boring to do with Judy.  

It is suggested in several places that I give chapters to friends to read and comment on and so if anyone is interested, let me know.   I'm covering everything, early childhood, MGM years, concert years (including my write-ups which I'm sure many of you have already seen) television etc.

Thanks for your support and encouragement.   joan

 


No comments:

Post a Comment