Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BBC radio show

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012r97j

Entitled: Dear Judy. 

You can still listen to this program for a few more days and every Judy fan should do so. 

Mostly it was very pleasant with Gary Horrocks doing a good job, and nice to hear from Jerry Herman and Max Prevo.....but why did they allow Rufus to sing, "Over the Rainbow" all the way through?  This was a program about Judy--she was the star and not Rufus--and we only got short clips of her songs. 

As Liza said, many years ago, in answer to why she did not sing "Rainbow" - "it has been done" or something like that.

In a positive note I must say I enjoyed hearing from Judy's drummer (the bongo man in "Come Rain and Come Shine") I shall have to listen to it again just for his name and comments. 

I don't mind listening to Rufus talk about Judy but when he starts to sing....I had to go out onto my patio in 100 degrees and wait till it finished--sorry Rufus but that is the way I feel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment