Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Joining Jan Glazier's Judy Family

I attend a concert by Richard Glazier, “From Gershwin to Garland” and Jan, his lovely wife, incorporated me into her Judy Family and encouraged me to tell some early fan club stories.  In April 2010 Jan organized a Judy in Hollywood function over three days visiting many of the sites where Judy had performed, including CBS where I had worked many years ago.  

In the old MGM studio where Judy recorded 'Over the Rainbow'

Hannah, Kate and myself at Matteos

Heather, Meredith and myself at Matteos, Judy's favorite place 
At Farmer Market, Justin, Ruth, Gary, Ellie and me
Again I meet more young fans and realize that Judy’s magic will go on for ever, 100, 200 and even 500 years.  Young people will hear her voice somewhere, or see one of her old movies on television and will become captivated and want to learn more about her.  I would like there to be a book out there which is not sensational but looks at Judy’s life sensibly. 
           
Heather and Martha outside Judy's Stone Canyon House 
Gary and I are going to give presentation about the UK Fan Club in the past and present
Judy's studio at CBS
Dear George Sunga and Ellie talking about the television series
In Studio 43, many shivers up and down spines
Steve Sanders, who wrote the book, Rainbow's End: The Judy Garland Show, discussing it with George Sunga who was Production Supervisor


Hannah, who is helping me so much with this blog, thank you


Gary, Joey Luft and Jan 

Lovely one of Meredith and Gary
Martha and George

Well, I am learning, sometimes I can post one way and somethings another.  Realize many of you who attended this function have seen these photographs, but thought others would like to know what a lovely group of people Jan and Richard Glazier have brought together.

Back to book proposal...

No comments:

Post a Comment